Happy Holidays & thank you for taking a look at my work. A brief bio & client list follow.
- After graduation from Art Center College of Design I began my career as an editorial and music photographer. My first album cover was with Etta James, followed by touring with numerous bands, many of whom are still around today. But use less hairspray. I also shot assignments for Time, Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, etc. Lots and lots of fun.
- Having worked with Smith & Hawken for many years, I was asked by Target to shoot their line launch when both companies collaborated and enjoyed being able to continue with more of that type of work. I had previously photographed the Smith & Hawken/Sandra Johnson Flower Calendar in conjunction with Workman Publishing for 10 years which was an amazing opportunity to work with friends and crew in the most gorgeous settings.
- I have really enjoyed my somewhat unplanned transition into advertising and "Lifestyle" photography and have an amazing crew and glam squad. We all work hard, have fun, and appreciate new challenges. I wish that all of my clients could move to California so that I'd see them more, but then I wouldn't get to travel as much - which I love.
- I am based in San Francisco and also work locally out of Los Angeles.
- Thank you for your interest in my work and I look forward to hearing from you. Aren't we lucky to do this for a living?
- Sandra 310-339-6181
- Partial Client List: Warner Nashville / Grey Advertising / Saatchi & Saatchi / Periscope / InHouse / Integer / Proctor & Gamble / Target / Visa / Pepsi / NBC / RCA / Sony / Fox TV / Discovery Channels / Disney / Animal Planet / Healthnet / Pacificare / Teleflora / Red Envelope / Workman Publishing / CB Richard Ellis / LL Bean / Lands' End / Mauna Lani Hotel & Bungalows / Orient Express Hotels / Casellula Restaurant / Bath & BodyWorks / Entertainment Weekly / G.Q. / USA Weekend / Travel & Leisure / Vogue / New York Magazine / Better Homes & Gardens / Time / Cooking Light / Piele Skin Boutique.